Vacation House Check
The Indian Harbour Beach Police Department provides citizens with a free visual check of the exterior of your residence while you are away from your home. Forms can be printed from this website and can also be picked up at the police department business lobby.
Simply print and complete this application. Be sure to include any emergency contact information in case a situation arises while you are away. Once you have completed a copy of the form, you can drop it off at the police department lobby located at 40 Cheyenne Ct, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937. You can also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can fill out a form online using the following link: Click Here
We know that plans change, if you need to extend your request, or you return early, please call us on the non-emergency line at 321-773-3030.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO BEFORE I GO ON VACATION?
- Lock all your doors and windows, securing outside doors with a deadbolt lock.
- Place metal rod in the track of any sliding doors.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery or have a neighbor pick them up for you.
- Use timers for your lights and other appliances to make your house look "lived in".
- Install outside motion detectors.
- Hide your empty trash cans.
- Keep inventory of your belongings and store valuables in a safe deposit box or another safe location.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY HOUSE HAS BEEN BROKEN IN TO.
- Do not enter the residence!
- Call the police department immediately.
- Wait outside for officers to arrive.