NATIONAL POLLUTANT DISCHARGE AND ELIMINATION SYSTEM
Our City is pleased to make available to our citizens the following brochures and pamphlets:
- City Storm-water Pollution Prevention Public Education and Outreach
- A Green Blanket on the Water: ALGAE
- An Owner’s Guide The Indian River It’s Your Lagoon
- Clean Boating Habits – Clean Boater
- Clean Water: Everybody’s Business
- Flood Protection & Assistance
- Guardians of Florida’s Water: An Overview of the Agency
- In-ground Irrigation Systems: Design, Use & Maintenance
- Lawn and Landscape Watering Restrictions
- Mold & Mildew: Cleaning Up Your Flood-Damaged Home
- Pointless Personal Pollution
- Water Conservation Guide: How To Do Your Part
- Waterfront Property Owners Guide
Please stop by City Hall to pick up your copy of these educational brochures.
10 Things You Can Do to Prevent Storm-water Runoff Pollution
1. Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and roads.
2. Never dump anything down storm drains.
3. Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
4. Compost your yard waste.
5. Avoid pesticides, learn about Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
6. Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces.
7. Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway.
8. Check car for leaks, and recycle motor oil.
9. Pick up after your pet.
10. Have your septic tank pumped and system inspected regularly.